Why is meditation so important?
Meditation means spaciousness and it is the panacea of our current time as well as the language of the new age of the transition from the thinking human being that is separated to the spiritual human being that is connected.
Spaciousness is today's most prominent issue since all the stimulation of the external world keeps our thoughts going incessantly. This becomes fatal the moment you end up trapped in a mental loop. Your thoughts are running in circles and your inner cinema keeps producing the same story over and over again. We know from neuroscience that thoughts can lead to disease, cancer for example.
Meditation helps us change our mental processes.
Especially in group meditation something happens that mystics have called the mystical wedding (unio mystica) – the union of god and human being. In A course in miracles this is called the spiritual moment that is perceived as an experience of the consciousness of oneness.
Meditation helps us to reach this mystical state beyond thought. The experiences in this kind of mystical state touch several levels:
- The physical body begins to vibrate or flow for example. Tears may flow, simply like that, because your physical state seems to dissolve.
- On the emotional level there is an experience of oneness that removes any feelingsof separation as if by magic. In such a state your senses become clearer and more intensive. Every is perceived as expanded, bigger and more beautiful.
- On the mental level all questions dissolve. There is nothing that could be thought. And then, from a greater sense of connectedness, you may receive insights or understanding that would not have been achievable in a waking state.
- All of this leads to an experience of transcendence. We are transcending our limited ego and are reaching a state of all-encompassing connectedness and enlightenment.
- If this state can be maintained, you may receive uplifting and wholesome inspiration that no one could come up with on the mental level since it is flowing from the vibrations of the soul. An intensive feeling of all-encompassing love remains, a feeling that does no longer require words.
Should you receive access to illuminating inspiration, you will feel a loving inner urge to share these images with at least one other human being. In this way experiences of love are added to the field of planet Earth. And apropos of nothing you will find your immune system strengthened, which will make you more vigorous, kind, and mentally more agile and younger, in short:
Meditation promotes nurtures connectedness and love between human being as well as health on all levels.